More than 80% of students share they understand the topic better with the help of examples. Teachers who realize the power of visualization in learning try to involve images/videos in their lessons to explain the material in-depth. They may assign an illustration essay to teach this trick to their students. What is an illustration essay? The article you are reading contains valuable information on how to write the academic paper of this type, which topics to cover, and what the purpose of such writing is.
SOLVE MY PROBLEM WITH HOMEWORK
If you still find it difficult to work on the illustrative essay or another type of homework assignment, it is better to contact professional essay writers ASAP.
What Is an Illustration Essay?
Another way to call illustration essay is an example paper because it provides vivid examples on the given topic to make it clear. It is an easy and straightforward form of writing. In fact, any type of essay or research paper requires examples to illustrate & support the essay main point, which is an argument.
Example: Write about gender stereotypes. Support your point of view that female employees are paid less and often discriminated at the workplace by drawing particular examples from other sources or personal experience. You may describe the way your sister is treated at the factory where she is currently working with male employees.
Cause-&-effect and compare-&-contrast essays need examples. We can conclude that an illustrative essay is the part of an academic paper. The main difference between an illustration essay and argumentative or persuasive essay (the most popular homework assignment) is the fact student does not have to prove anything in the first case. Include only corresponding examples.
Read about these and other typical mistakes college students tend to make while writing the academic papers of different types and topics.
How to Write an Illustration Essay
How to write an illustration essay to make the target reading audience understand your topic despite their experience in the chosen field? Good essay writing always begins with the process of planning. Dedicate some time to writing a detailed essay outline to support the entire process. Once you are done with your research on the topic of your interest, develop a step-by-step instruction on a separate paper. Teachers offer an outline as an extra option. We recommend writing an essay outline even when your requirements do not tell to do it. There are several steps every writer must take:
- Develop final draft
- Proofread & edit
Read the suggested set of rules to get an overall understanding of how to plan and write a powerful, interesting illustration essay. So, what is an illustration essay?
You need a good topic
Brainstorming helps to come up with the best topic ideas; make a list of the points you would like to discuss in your illustrative essay. Don’t try to choose a debatable topic like gun control. Think about how to interpret your topic with the help of related images and describe the examples using various details. That is all a paper of this type should include.
Make & Use a List of Examples
A writer needs to make a list of topic-related examples to support the thesis statement and every paragraph’s argument effectively.
Example: You need to write about the young professionals. A reader might be interested in discovering what factors irritate people who obtain the first full-time job in their lives. What does illustrate mean in an essay on this topic? Use the following examples to explain what overwhelms & annoys young workers:
- A large volume of a workload at the early stages.
- Lack of professional support from the senior managers.
- Learning how to accomplish specific assignments (typing texts on specific equipment, using special technological advancements, reporting to seniors, organizing work schedule, etc.)
- Trying to find a balance between work, education, and family responsibilities.
DO MY HOMEWORK TASK
Every writer needs to conduct research before writing an informative paper on the chosen topic. Even if you are an expert in the field of your interest, do not mind researching with the help of print material or modern channels like search engines. It is not hard to research in Google. Modern technologies allow researching without spending much time on it.
You need to support every argument in your illustration essay to make the reader believe you are competent in the field of your study. Each time you use good ideas found in the sources written by other people, reference them properly. Are you acquainted with MLA, APA, and other paper formats? If you need help with this issue, use professional essay writing service to hire a good expert in college homework.
Once you decide on the topic and paper format, you need to make an outline. An outline is similar to the table of contents: it contains a title of each section (intro, body, and conclusion) along with a short sentence describing each section.
9 Good Topics for Your Outstanding Illustration Essay
Would you like to have a list of good illustration essay topics to save time on research?
What is an illustration essay? Students who have unanswered questions after reading a brief guide from academic writers should turn to the professional academic services. Here, it is possible to order custom illustration essay or another homework solution within the set period of time!
Do Research and Write an Outline
- The police utilize racial profiling against minorities to target them for random searches or treat them as suspects in different types of crimes.
- Climate is changing over the globe.
- Mega-retailers leave no place for the small businesses.
- Companies involved in IT industry tend to discriminate against female employees by promoting them to seniors less often than male employees, offering lower wages to them, and ignoring their mother rights.
- Candidates who win president elections are the wealthiest.
- The portrayal of violence in numerous video games, applications, television shows, and modern movies makes youth get involved in different types of criminal activity.
- The right to possess concealed weapons has prevented many tragedies.
- Why is it good to be the ruler of a country?
- Advanced nations do not allow families of more than three members to guarantee the decreasing rates of population growth and rise in the economy.
40 Interesting and Fun Illustration Essay Topic Ideas
- You should have thorough knowledge of the topic that you are writing about, based on extensive research.
- Do not just make up illustrations for the sake of it. Start with instances that exemplify the topic.
For instance, a scientific phenomenon can be aptly explained using day-to-day examples related to it. An argumentative topic can be justified better with illustrations pertaining to it. Giving an example always leads to better understanding of the point to be made. Following is a list of some interesting topic ideas for writing an illustrative essay.
- Illustrate the steps to choose a college to attend.
- Choosing the right quotes for the department's jersey.
- How to make a study schedule for weekends?
- How to choose a major in your sophomore year?
- What can you wear to class this winter?
- The menace of bullying in school and college
- The impact of Facebook of relationships.
- The government should offer free college and university education for all students.
- Students should always question what they are taught.
- Students should spend at least one semester studying in a foreign country.
- Should you pick courses of interest or ones that fetch good jobs?
- Should stem cell research be stopped?
- Should animals be used in laboratory testing?
- Should marijuana be legalized?
- How to take care of your pet?
- How to plan your diet?
- Has electronic media led to the downfall of print media?
- How is the public transport system in your city?
- Should cigarette smoking be banned?
- Is it infatuation or love?
- Should gay couples be allowed to marry?
- Hobbies that can help you make money.
- Clothes for different body types
- Places to visit in the U.S.
- A is A (Law of identity)
- Famous dictators in history
- Ill-effects of social networking
- Types of Italian wines
- Jobs you can take up during spring break
- Where there is a will, there is a way
- Best way to teach
- How to avoid being 'friendzoned'
- How to plan a 75th birthday party
- Steps to format your iPod
- The protagonist of your favorite book
- Rudeness is on the rise
- Friends cannot always be trusted
- Musicians and their songs dealing with social and political issues
- Good art can be ugly
- Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong
- Your best job experience
● "Money is the barometer of a society's virtue" ― Atlas Shrugged.
Do you agree with this statement? Would you adhere to the philosophical system of Objectivism?
● "Adding a capacitor bank improves the power factor of an installation". Elaborate.
● State reasons for the current drop in oil prices.
● "Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors". Give your views on this statement.
● (A scene from the movie "I'm Not There")
● Q: I would like to know what is at the center of your world.
A: Hmm, well, I'm 22. I guess I would say me.
Does the answer strike a chord with you? Do you believe you should be your first priority at this age?
Write your response to the following statements
● Heroes and idols reveal a society's highest ideals.
● In any field―business,politics,education―those in power should step down after 5 years.
● Lateral thinking is more important than mere knowledge in any field.
● We define ourselves by the social groups we identify with.
● The human mind will always be superior to machines.
- Your examples should be relevant.
- Follow an inverted pyramid structure while writing; which means, explain the thesis sentence early on.
- Do not beat around the bush. Come to the point with every example.
- Do not give too many examples, or stress on just one particular example.
- Pick a unique topic which would grab the reader's attention.
- Include images wherever possible.
- Your writing should be succinct yet pithy and should keep the reader hooked till the end
Thus, by choosing the right topic, you can make your illustration essay informative and fun to read. Hope this write-up helps in making it so.