Choosing Intriguing Argumentative Essay Topics On Sports: Top 20 Ideas
Students who play sports write academic papers, too and teachers often ask students to write argumentative papers related to sports. Unfortunately, not every student can come up with a good topic for an argumentative essay on their own. For this reason, this article contains a list of twenty decent sports topics that might help you write your academic paper.
- Football is too dangerous for players.
- Baseball isn’t as interesting nowadays as it was in the past.
- Parents shouldn’t let their children play football.
- College football players should get paid.
- Using Native American mascots and names by sports teams is offensive.
- Where is the line in selling naming rights for sports teams?
- Colleges should support wellness programs more than sports.
- Cheerleading should be considered a sport, too.
- Gay athletes attract more attention from fans and media.
- Rules that determine how coaches should treat the players aren’t strict enough.
- Athletes who use steroids should forfeit all of their trophies.
- Sports betting should be legal for everyone, everywhere.
- Students who are home-schooled should also be able to play school sports in public.
- Most of the money that athletes earn goes to their sponsors and elite owners.
- Video games can be considered sports.
- Boxing and other violent sports should be banned.
- It’s unnatural for women to do power lifting.
- Alcohol and tobacco ads shouldn’t be shown during sports events.
- There is no advantage in moving first when it comes to chess.
- Sports that involve animals shouldn’t be legal.
You should also remember that it’s not enough just to have a good topic in order to compose a great essay. It’s necessary to do research and outline your paper properly, too. Here is what your argumentative paper should look like:
Here you should describe your sports-related topic and state the thesis statement that will present your position and arguments.
In this part of your essay, you should demonstrate your arguments in detail and support them. Use each new paragraph to present a new argument. Look for real facts and statistics rather than vague theories to support your arguments properly.
At the end of your paper, it’s necessary to give a summary of your main arguments and restate your thesis statement to indicate the importance of your work. Make sure that you don’t raise any new arguments in the conclusion.
Need help with essay? Try this service: VivaEssays.com - expert essay writers for hire online. Looking for good paper writer? Visit this paper writing service: http://paperwritten.com/ - professional term paper writers.
A List Of Great Persuasive Essay Topics About Sports For Middle School
For many kids, middle school is when they first start their extracurricular sports activities. This is a great way for kids to socialize and get some much-needed activity into their busy, school-centric lives. Academically, writing about sports, particularly for those students that love sports, is a great way for them to express themselves. Persuasive essays are a great tool in that they help a student to focus on precise details to create and support their argument. It allows them to be creative, as well as giving them the chance to assert their knowledge about a particular subject area. So, for the sports-minded student, here are some essay topics to get them started if they didn’t already have a topic chosen.
- [Athlete A] is much better than [Athlete B]. Here’s why.
- Why basketball is more exciting than baseball.
- [Sports team] would be a much better team if only they had [player].
- [Sports A] takes much more concentration than [Sports B].
- Choose two historic basketball players. Who would win if they played a 1-on-1 game?
- Do you think the NFL is too violent? Why or why not?
- Should the World Cup be held more often than every four years?
- Do you think that college athletes should be paid?
- If an athlete uses steroids, do you think they should be allowed in the Hall of Fame?
- Do you think that 164 games in a season is too many for baseball?
- Do you think that players should have to go to college before becoming a professional athlete?
- Can you compare statistics and records between two athletes from different eras?
- Is LeBron James the best player in basketball history?
- Should teams be allowed to relocate to another area of the United States?
- Should cities be allowed to have more than one professional team per sport? For example, should New York be allowed to have the New York Knicks and the Brooklyn Nets?
- Should female athletes be allowed to play on male sports teams?
- Are the New York Yankees the best baseball team ever?
- Who has the most impressive record in [Sport]?
- Who do you think is the best boxer of all time?
- Is Ronda Rousey inspirational to women?
The above are just some examples of what might be impressive topics for middle school students that wish to write about sports. There are many, many other options out there. All it takes is a little creativity and a good, solid argument.